College is more selective and expensive than ever, but a great ACT® score can open doors to funding and admission. If your student is trying to get into the college of his choice or obtain scholarship money, and you’re worried his ACT® score might hold him back: There is hope.
We are once again offering our students the opportunity to partner with TorchPrep™, an innovative test training program that cracks the code on improving ACT® scores. Through strategy-driven training focused on repetition, customization, and student motivation, TorchPrep™ will help your student overcome the ACT®.
I strongly believe this program will be beneficial for you. TorchPrep™ has continually yielded outstanding ACT® score for our students.
TorchPrep™ is worth it!
WEEKENDWARRIOR – Prepares for April Test on 4/18/15
@ Royalmont Academy - Mason
Four Total Sessions:
Saturday, 3/28: 12PM – 7:30PM
Sunday, 3/29: 12PM – 7:30PM
Saturday, 4/11: 12PM – 7:30PM
Sunday, 4/12: 12PM – 7:30PM
Weekend Warrior Early Registration Deadline: 3/23/2015
Seniors who did not get their portrait taken for the yearbook, you have one more opportunity!
Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015 - Last chance for Seniors to be photographed for the yearbook!
Lifetouch will be photographing from 10:55 AM to 12:50 PM.
Please sign up in the office for your time at the camera. For package information, click here.
Do you want to show off your speaking skills? Do you want to tell your Life Experiences. Do you want to win cash prizes? If so, you should enter the Rotary Four-Way Speech Contest.
Dates and Places:
Preliminary Event: (All students compete from schools East and West)
Lakota East High School: 2/19/15, Thursday, 3:15 pm to 5:00 pm (Room TBA)
Local Rotary Finals: (Top 4 students compete, 2 from East and 2 from West)
Wetherington Country Club: 2/27/15, Friday 7:30 am
District Finals: (Top 2 students compete, 1 from East and 1 from West)
Wright State University: 2/22/15, Sunday, Noon to 4:00 pm)
Using the Rotary Four Way Test – Is it the Truth? Is it Fair to all Concerned? Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships? Is it Beneficial to all concerned? – create a four- to six-minute speech applying these questions to some aspects of your life. Memorize it and plan to present it without the aid of a podium or note cards.
1st Place $300.00, 2nd Place $175.00, 3rd Place $125.00, 4th Place $100.00
1st Place $400.00, 2nd Place $300.00, 3rd Place $200.00, 4th Place $100.00
To sign up:
Students who will be working in the state of Ohio must be issued a work permit from the nearest Ohio School District, which in your case will be Lakota School District.
1. The Application for Employment Certificate is to be filled out by the student and signed by a parent and/or guardian.
2. If this is your first work permit have your employer fill out the pledge of employer form. If you have had a work permit from the Lakota District within the past year (from the date of the physician’s certificate), complete only the pledge of employer form and return it to your school.
3. The Physician’s certificate must be filled out and signed by your doctor. If you have had a sports physical for this school year, we will accept a copy of it.
4. Return all forms along with your ID or driver’s license, to Lakota West High School, 8940 Union Centre Blvd., West Chester, Ohio 45069.
5. Please allow 24 hours to complete the work permit process.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BEGIN WORKING
UNLESS THE EMPLOYER HAS SIGNED THE WORK PERMIT ON FILE.