Lakota families looking for assistance with their children's athletic fees are encouraged to apply for grant consideration. A Fund, held at The Community Foundation has been established by private donations to cover half of the athletic fee assessed to students participating in sports within Lakota Schools.
Lakota West Freshman Orientation
Monday, August 11 (Last Names A-L) and Tuesday, August 12 (Last Names M-Z)
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Lifetouch will be taking pictures from 6:00 – 6:20 in the café (additional time after meeting)
School Nurse will be available for consult and medication drop off.
Informational meeting begins promptly at 6:30 in auditorium
Items for review include: school day time change, 7-bell schedule change, dress code expectations, etc.)
Schedules handed out AFTER informational meeting
Building open for touring and pictures continue in the café from 7 - 8 p.m.
Lakota West High Orientation
Wednesday, August 13 (choose one of the three options) 10:00p.m., 1:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, there will be an informational meeting in the auditorium. Students will get their schedules, locker assignments, have their school photos taken and receive important information during orientation.
Students who will be working in the state of Ohio must be issued a work permit from the nearest Ohio School District, which in your case will be Lakota School District.
1. The Application for Employment Certificate is to be filled out by the student and signed by a parent and/or guardian.
2. If this is your first work permit have your employer fill out the pledge of employer form. If you have had a work permit from the Lakota District within the past year (from the date of the physician’s certificate), complete only the pledge of employer form and return it to your school.
3. The Physician’s certificate must be filled out and signed by your doctor. If you have had a sports physical for this school year, we will accept a copy of it.
4. Return all forms along with your ID or driver’s license, to Lakota West High School, 8940 Union Centre Blvd., West Chester, Ohio 45069.
5. Please allow 24 hours to complete the work permit process.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BEGIN WORKING
UNLESS THE EMPLOYER HAS SIGNED THE WORK PERMIT ON FILE.
Please click on the links below for the 2014 Summer Assignments:
In addition to these two packes, you will need a summer reader. (The summer reader is school property, please not allowed to write in it.)
Butler Tech is excited to introduce our newest program, Biomedical Sciences - a Project Lead The Way program. Biomedical Sciences will be a 2 year, full-time program beginning in fall 2014. This program will be a part of the Bio Science pilot housed in DRL until completion of our new Bio Science campus in 2015.
PLTW Biomedical Students will:
· Focus on the research, process, and bioinformatics side of the health care (not patient care)
Learn with project based activities using real-world cases (example: investigating a death to find how/why the person died)
· Examine the code in human DNA to detect and fight diseases such as cancer and diabetes
· Complete an independent design capstone project with a mentor or advisor from a university, medical facility or research institution
· Lead teams, solve problems, analyze data, conduct research and understand real world problems on a daily basis
Students interested in pursuing careers in biological sciences, emergency services, healthcare, bio engineering or medicine would be a great fit for this program. Additional AP Courses (English Language, Government, Psychology) will be available in 2014-15, with more added in 2015-16. Dual credit and articulation agreements will also be in place.
We are currently accepting applications for this program!
We will have an information session for all interested students and parents on Thursday, May 15 at 6:30pm in the DRL Auditorium.
ALL UNPAID SCHOOL FEES ARE NOW PAST DUE. Those who have unpaid fees on June 2 will no longer be able to access HAC (Home Access Center). This includes being able to see final report cards, classroom grades and transcripts. Please take care of this obligation before the end of the school year.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Lakota West High School is now accepting applications for student parking for the 2014-15 school year.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs. Williams in Student Services Annex by May 16, 2014. Any application turned in late will be put on the waiting list.
Please see the attached application for more information: