Block Day Bell Schedule for PARCC Testing
Monday through Thursday
March 2, 3, 4, 5
Bell 1/2 8:05 – 9:55 (110 minutes)
Bell 3/4 10:05 – 12:35 (120 minutes of class; 30 minutes of lunch)
CLASS 10:05 – 10:50
Lunch A 10:55 – 11:25
Lunch B 11:30 – 12:00
Lunch C* 12:05 – 12:35
Bell 5/6 12:45 – 2:40 (115 minutes)
* Classes taking the PARCC tests during 3rd and 4th bell will test from 10:05 -12:00 and then eat C Lunch
All non-testing classes will eat during their normal block day lunch unless told otherwise.
AP Exams will be held at Lakota West May 4th – May 8th and May 11th – May 15th for students currently enrolled in an AP Course at Lakota West. Registration for these exams will begin in March. If your son or daughter is in an AP class, please be aware of the following information.
1. AP Registration will begin on March 2nd. All registration forms and money is due to the Guidance office by Tuesday, March 17thin order to take an AP Exam in May.
2. AP Teachers will be distributing registration forms to students the week of March 2nd. Students can also pick up the form in the Guidance office, or it is attached to this information.
3. Each AP Exam is $91.00, as determined by the College Board.
4. All signed registration forms and money should be turned in to the Guidance office by Tuesday, March 17th.
5. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Andrea Bryant in the Guidance Office.
At Lakota West High School, we believe the parent-school-student relationship provides the best means for success both in school and throughout life. Over the course of the next several weeks, we will begin the registration process for the 2015-16 school year. Working together, we are confident we will provide both a smooth registration process as well as a quality educational experience for your child. Your active role in the registration process is critical to ensure your child reaches his/her full potential.
The start of the registration process will include a variety of activities. These include counselor meetings with students, the release of the 2015-16 Program of Studies, and parent/student Registration meetings for the Class of 2018. These meetings are critically important as you will receive the most updated registration information.
During these evening Registration Meetings you will:
•Meet our Administrative Team
•Meet our Guidance Counselors
•Receive important information about high school credits and graduation requirements
•Review the registration process
•Have an opportunity to ask questions
We ask that you attend the registration meeting on the date/time indicated. If you have an unavoidable conflict, please feel free to attend on another date/time for your child’s grade level.
If you have a current sophomore or junior, we encourage you to click HERE AND REVIEW THE TIMELINE and engage your student in conversation regarding the registration process. We at Lakota West High School look forward to doing all we can to make sure your child is prepared to make well informed academic decisions as they continue their high school journey.
College Credit Plus and Alternative Options informational sessions will be held at each main campus to discuss Credit Flexibility and Summer School options for junior high and high school students. There will be a presentation about both programs, with time for parent questions. Junior high and high school parents are invited to attend either of the two sessions. The sessions at Lakota West will be held February 25th at 7 pm in the theatre.