Lakota families looking for assistance with their children's athletic fees are encouraged to apply for grant consideration. A Fund, held at The Community Foundation has been established by private donations to cover half of the athletic fee assessed to students participating in sports within Lakota Schools.
Lakota West Freshman Orientation
Monday, August 11 (Last Names A-L) and Tuesday, August 12 (Last Names M-Z)
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Lifetouch will be taking pictures from 6:00 – 6:20 in the café (additional time after meeting)
School Nurse will be available for consult and medication drop off.
Informational meeting begins promptly at 6:30 in auditorium
Items for review include: school day time change, 7-bell schedule change, dress code expectations, etc.)
Schedules handed out AFTER informational meeting
Building open for touring and pictures continue in the café from 7 - 8 p.m.
Lakota West High Orientation
Wednesday, August 13 (choose one of the three options) 10:00p.m., 1:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, there will be an informational meeting in the auditorium. Students will get their schedules, locker assignments, have their school photos taken and receive important information during orientation.
Students who will be working in the state of Ohio must be issued a work permit from the nearest Ohio School District, which in your case will be Lakota School District.
1. The Application for Employment Certificate is to be filled out by the student and signed by a parent and/or guardian.
2. If this is your first work permit have your employer fill out the pledge of employer form. If you have had a work permit from the Lakota District within the past year (from the date of the physician’s certificate), complete only the pledge of employer form and return it to your school.
3. The Physician’s certificate must be filled out and signed by your doctor. If you have had a sports physical for this school year, we will accept a copy of it.
4. Return all forms along with your ID or driver’s license, to Lakota West High School, 8940 Union Centre Blvd., West Chester, Ohio 45069.
5. Please allow 24 hours to complete the work permit process.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BEGIN WORKING
UNLESS THE EMPLOYER HAS SIGNED THE WORK PERMIT ON FILE.
Please click on the links below for the 2014 Summer Assignments:
In addition to these two packes, you will need a summer reader. (The summer reader is school property, please not allowed to write in it.)