Parking applications are available in the main office and AP office. The cost remains at $40.00 for the school year. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a valid driver's license are eligible to obtain a parking pass. Please remember that student parking availability is limited at Lakota West. The number of applicants exceed the number of available spaces. Students are encouraged to apply early and adhere to the deadline
Applications are available in the Main Office.
- Completed application must be returned to Mrs. Williams in the AP office. Any application turned in late will be put on the waiting list.
- Application must include the following:
- Photocopy of the registration of all vehicles driven to school. No motorcycles permitted.
- Photocopy of the students' licenses. Students without a license at the time of submission must have and present one before being issued a parking pass. The student will remain on the waiting list until a license is submitted NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be assigned parking spaces.
- Failure to follow above directions will result in return of the application.
- It is the students' responsibility to update all car information as it changes. Students will lose their parking privilege if registrations are not kept current.
- Students are subject to all rules and regulations for parking and operation of vehicles as presented on back of this parking application. Failure to follow these rules may result in suspension or removal of parking privileges.
- Parking passes will be issued first to those who turn in their application by the deadline.
- There will be a $40 registration fee due when the student receives the parking permit.
Rules and Regulations for Student Drivers:
- Driving to school is a privilege and represents a huge responsibility on the part of the student. Therefore, it is expected that student drivers attend school and achieve academically.
- Squealing tires, excessive speed in the lot or driveways, reckless operation, and improper parking are causes for having a parking permit revoked.
- All vehicles should be locked at all times.
- While on school grounds, student vehicles are subject to all school rules as outlined by Administrative Guidelines.
- Parking tags must displayed at all times while on school property.
- Students are responsible for updating car registration, new car, or additional car information as it changes.
- Review the traffic patterns as they relate to your space number.
- All traffic patterns as they relate to your space number.
NOTICE: Lakota Local School District and Lakota West High School are not liable for any damage to cars or property while parked on school property. Board Policy 610: Section 1, Letter B states: Rule 6-Student Drivers. In order to promote safety and enable the school to effectively supervise students immediately before and immediately after school hours, only students who secure a valid permit that allows them to park on school property are premised to drive to school.
- Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores will be allowed to drive, with administrative approval, based on available parking spots.
- Freshmen are not allowed to drive.
- Students will complete an application form. When approved, the student will be issued a permit, assigned a space,and will pay a fee.
- The student must have a parking tag displayed in their car.
- Upon arrival, students must report to the building, during school hours. No one is permitted in the parking area in/or on cars.
- Teachers and support staff will also be assigned parking spaces. Registered students must park in their designed spaces. No student is allowed to park in spaces that are assigned to teachers, support staff, handicapped people, or other drivers.
- As a student driver, you are expected to follow the school driving policies. This is a student privilege, not a student right. This privilege may be revoked, for the remainder of the school year for the following violations, which include, but are not limited to:
- Tardiness to school
- Reckless driving on school grounds
- Not parking in assigned space
- Leaving school without permission
- Parking in crosswalks, handicapped areas, or places not marked for parking
- Driving an unsafe vehicle
- Repeated violations of school rules
- Transporting yourself or other students off school without permission
- Being in a car during school hours
- Further offenses may result in an underclass student's loss of student parking for the subsequent school year.
- Board Policy 623 Section H specifies that high school students possessing a valid high school parking permit cannot be guaranteed seating space on a regular high school bus route but may ride their regularly assigned bus if space is available. Lakota West High School reserves the right to adjust any parking assignments whenever necessary. A waiting list of students will be kept by the office comprised of students who applied and were unable to be placed in the original parking lottery. This list will be further comprised of late applicants who will be serviced in a first come, first serve basis. ANY UNAUTHORIZED VEHICLE WILL BE TOWED AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE. Be advised: School insurance coverage does not include motor vehicles parked on school property.